Orbe introduces a streamlined, customizable popup that seamlessly aligns with your brand guidelines, enhancing the overall user experience. Distinct from the Shopify Geolocation app, here are the key disparities:
- Continuous Functionality: Orbe ensures ongoing accuracy by confirming the customer's correct shopping experience. This prevents accidental visits to alternate experiences featuring distinct prices, products, content, currencies, or languages. Unlike the Shopify Geolocation App, which operates only during the initial visit and lacks the capability for automatic redirections, leading to certain issues.
- Consent Management: Orbe records user consent, preventing the popup from reappearing during subsequent visits and guaranteeing consistent placement within the appropriate experience.
- Customization Power: Our popups are fully customizable, allowing you to tailor the appearance and content of the geolocation recommendation popup directly from the Shopify Theme Editor. Titles and text can be adjusted to cater to diverse languages.
- Multi-Store Geolocation: Orbe effortlessly links with multiple Shopify stores, directing customers to their ideal shopping experience through geolocation.
- Country Selector: Orbe empowers users to adjust their preferences by offering a market selector.
- Integration with Klaviyo: Orbe integrates with Klaviyo, enabling the transmission of user preferences to personalize email campaigns based on preferred language and country.
- Built for Shopify: Orbe proudly bears the 'Built for Shopify' emblem, a distinction recognizing top-tier apps within the Shopify App Store for performance, speed, and design.
- Robust Support: Our customer support is accessible from 9 am to 6 pm (CET Time), Monday to Friday. Our app boasts a sterling 5-star rating, a testament to the appreciation shared by numerous merchants.
In essence, Orbe Geolocation not only offers a sophisticated solution but also consistently surpasses the capabilities of the Shopify Geolocation app, providing a comprehensive and tailored geolocation experience for your customers.
At Orbe, we implement automatic redirections during second and subsequent visits once user consent has been obtained. We refrain from using automatic redirections during the initial visit due to their potential negative impacts on:
- SEO Considerations: Given that prominent web crawlers, including Google, primarily operate from the US, it's crucial to weigh the implications of automatic redirection without user permission. Such redirections can potentially hinder the complete visibility of your localized experiences. This may result in the incomplete exploration and understanding of your region-specific content and offerings by Google and other search engines.
- Global Data Protection Laws: In regions with stringent data protection regulations like the European Union (under GDPR, the General Data Protection Regulation) and California (under CCPA, the California Consumer Privacy Act), automatic redirections without explicit user consent are often not compliant. It's paramount to uphold users' privacy rights and secure their consent before leveraging personal information for automatic redirections.
Yes, you can, and it is our most popular use case. If you pay for the Plus Plan in one of your stores, you can connect a maximum of five different Shopify stores and redirect the traffic to the right shopping experience. If you have over five Shopify stores, please contact our team at [email protected] to request a custom plan.
Yes, it does. It’s an advanced setting you can enable. If a merchant connects two different Shopify stores and both have the same URL structure, can enable this feature so if, for example, a British user goes to example.fr/collections/all, it will be redirected to example.co.uk/collections/all.
Yes, it does. For example, if a French user access to the United States experience with a UTM parameter from a Facebook ad: https://store.com/?utm_content=textlink&utm_source=facebook, Orbe will redirect the user to the French experience maintaining the full path in the URL: https://store.fr/?utm_content=textlink&utm_source=facebook.
In this way, Orbe guarantees that the store owner does not lose the traffic attribution for all their media campaigns.
You can use our geolocation service for free, up to 500 successfully redirected users per month. If you'd like more time to evaluate our service before making a decision, we offer free trials:
- For Monthly plans, you'll enjoy a 7-day free trial. If you decide to cancel your plan within these seven days, you won't incur any charges.
- With Yearly plans, we provide a 30-day free trial. Should you choose to cancel your plan during the first 30 days, there will be no charges applied.
When using Shopify Markets, you might come across specific store behaviours or have doubts about setting up your preferences accurately. No worries! We're here to assist you in resolving these common queries.
What is the behaviour of Shopify Markets when a user transitions from the storefront cart to the checkout?
As explained by the Shopify Markets team:
If the user does not use Orbe or any selector in their theme to choose a country in the storefront, Shopify will automatically geolocate the country during checkout. However, suppose the user intentionally selects a different country than the default in any selector on the storefront. In that case, Shopify respects that selection and sets it as the default country in the checkout.
For example, suppose a customer enters the storefront without selecting their market in Orbe and is located in a different country than the one they are visiting. In that case, the checkout will automatically change to their IP country and the user's preferred language.
Consider a specific example: Suppose a user does not use the Orbe popup or any country selector in their theme and is visiting your store's British experience in English. This user wants to ship their order to the UK. However, the user is located in France, and their preferred browser language is French (both available in another experience of your store). Once the user proceeds to the checkout, it will automatically switch to their location and language, despite being in a different store experience.
We hope this information clarifies any questions about the behaviour of Shopify Markets during the transition from the storefront cart to the checkout screen. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.